Spanish Activity, 5/21/20- 1,2,3
- Zoom Party! Check Seesaw for login info.
- Do one of the optional activities on the Summer Packet 2020.
HAVE AN AMAZING SUMMER!!! ❤
Spanish Activity, 5/14/20- 1,2,3
- Watch this video on Seesaw.
- Watch THE PATO SHOW, #9.
- Choose your favorite exercise or activity that makes you feel STRONG/fuerte.
- Video yourself saying, “¡YO SOY FUERTE!” (I’m strong!) as you are doing that exercise or activity. Be dramatic and make sure to say it like you mean it!
- Post video on Seesaw.
- Get a head start on next week by checking out the SUMMER PACKET LETTER 2020 here. All activities will be optional.
- Click on the Random Number Generator Link, input your range (1-46), and then click on the button. It will randomly choose a number for you; and you can do the corresponding activity. If you don’t like the activity, repeat the process to get a different number–or just pick your favorite number!
Spanish Activity, 5/7/20- 1,2,3
OBJECTIVE: This is a CULTURE week! Today we are visiting Mexico.
- Put on some traditional Mariachi music, and then–
- Make your own Sombrero Piñata Cookies or Saguaro Cactus Cookies, OR
- Choose a craft from THIS AMAZING!!! LIST, OR
- Click through the recipe slideshow HERE. The Burrito Zucchini Boats look delicious! OR
- Play “Shadow Tag” outside with your family, OR
- Take 3-5 photos of interesting sombra/shadow shapes outside.
- Post a video/photo/craft on Seesaw. HAVE FUN!!!
5/7/20: EXTRA CREDIT–
If you want to listen to more Spanish–since there is not a new episode of THE PATO SHOW this week–here is a fun video:
Spanish Activity, 4/30/20- 1,2,3
- If you haven’t seen THE PATO SHOW, #7, watch that first.
- Next, watch THE PATO SHOW, #8.
- Choose your favorite line in Spanish from the video.
- Video yourself saying it in Spanish VERY DRAMATICALLY!
- Respond to this activity with your video.
Click on video below to see the newest episode of The Pato Show. Enjoy!
Spanish Activity, 4/23/20- 1,2,3
OBJECTIVE: This is a CULTURE week! Today, we visit the Dominican Republic.
- Watch the instructional video.
- Dress up in a fancy outfit and put on some Spanish music.
- Practice dancing the Merengue.
- Make a tres leches cake (or any kind of cake) OR record a short video of yourself dancing to a Spanish song and post to Seesaw.
- BE HAPPY!
Spanish Activity, 4/16/20- 1,2,3
OBJECTIVE: This is a LANGUAGE week (next week will be CULTURE), so the goal is to listen to as much Spanish as possible! The videos are both under 5 minutes.
- Watch The Pato Show, Episode #4 (see below).
- Watch The Pato Show, Episode #5 (see below).
- Watch them again, and write down 5-10 words that you understood. Spelling does not count, don’t worry! Just try your best!
- Take a picture of your paper and respond to this activity on Seesaw.
***And let me know if you liked the videos!!***
Spanish Activity, 4/9/20- 1,2,3
**Scroll down on THIS PAGE to see the amazing work students produced for the Continued Learning activity described below.
- First, watch the video on Seesaw—but note that Seesaw cut me off! People are not allowed to make the sawdust carpets out in the streets this year because of the current situation. Instead, people are making their own miniature sawdust carpets at home.
- Next, watch the short video below. There is no sound, but it gives you a really good idea of how much patience and what a long and beautiful process it is to make these carpets.
2) Look at the links below:
3) Now, choose an image you like and make your own! You can use candies, fruits, plants, flowers, blocks, frosting, or paint or color one. I would recommend one the size of a sheet of paper (8.5×11), but you are welcome to make one bigger than that! I added a few stencils below to give you ideas for a design.
4) When you are finished, respond to the activity on Seesaw with a picture of your creation. Take your time, be patient, do your best work, and have fun!!
Spanish Activity, 4/2/20- 1,2,3
- Watch the video on Seesaw.
- From the list below, choose 3-5 items to label in your house—or do all 15 just for fun!
- Mi ropa/my clothes
- Mis zapatos/my shoes
- Mis libros/my books
- Mis peluches/my stuffed animals
- Mis juguetes/my toys
- Mis cuadernos/my notebooks
- Mi comida/my food (could be fake food)
- Mi dinero/my money
- Mis marcadores/my markers
- Mis lápices/my pencils
- Mi cama/my bed
- Mis juegos de mesa/my board games
- Mi mochila/my backpack
- Mi escuela/my school (your learning space)
- Mis papeles/my papers
- Post a picture on Seesaw of your COLORFUL signs in English and Spanish before you hang them up.
Spanish Extra Credit, 4/2/20- 1,2,3
- Cook a Spanish omelette, or tortilla española. Listen to MUSIC IN SPANISH while you are cooking!
- Choose a different recipe from THIS PAGE if you don’t have those ingredients.
- Watch the Pato iMovie video for fun (The Pato Show, #2).
- Watch the “Baila con Cosmos” song for fun.
***SPANISH EXTRA CREDIT–even more for THIRD GRADE ONLY***
- Watch the video on Seesaw (~Amazon Walk).
- Write or record a response to my question in the video. Have a great day!
Spanish Activity, 3/19/20- 1
- Watch the Pato video on Seesaw.
- Choose your favorite Spanish-speaking country.
- Make a sign label for your bedroom with that country.
- Add TWO activities you like to do to your sign (jugar/play, construir/build, colorear/color, dibujar/draw, hablar/talk, comer/eat, pintar/paint, dormir/sleep, trabajar/work, etc.).
- Take a picture of your sign and post it to Seesaw.
- Read THIS POST with your parents, and consider doing one of the culture projects.
Spanish Activity, 3/19/20- 2,3
- Watch the Pato video below (The Pato Show, #1).
- Decide what country your bedroom will represent.
- Decorate a sign for that country and hang it on your door.
- Post a picture of it on Seesaw.
- If you share a bedroom, you can pick two countries!
- Make sure to spell it right!
COUNTRY NAMES: Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Perú, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Panamá, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, México, Cuba, La República Dominicana (Dominican Republic), Puerto Rico, España/Spain, Equatorial Guinea.
- Listen to the RADIO BROADCAST with students.
- Read the post together, skipping any irrelevant sections.
- Consider doing one of the culture projects. They are fun!
Spanish Extra Credit, 3/19/20- 1,2,3
If you choose to do one of the culture projects, PLEASE share a video or photo here with our community to inspire everyone! The projects are from Spain and Mexico this week:
- Hang up a hammock in your house
- Make an amate bark painting
- Grow your own crystals
- Make/cook tapas in your kitchen
- Build a fort in Spain with pillows and blankets
- Go on a hike, Camino-style
**More information on all projects can be found HERE.
Also, please respond to the activity when submitting any work. This helps keep everything organized. Thank you!
Other Notes, 3/19/20
**Students in JK-2 should watch two 4-7 minute cartoons in the target language this week–preferably on separate days. HERE is a list of links, including Pocoyo, Perro y Gato, and Caillou in Spanish. Listening to SONGS in the target language counts, too. Just make sure you don’t sing the English lyrics over the Spanish if it is translated!
Note that it would be beneficial to build into your home schedule that children watch these shows at a specific day and time, for example, 2x per week, when you are preparing breakfast or dinner and need a few minutes alone. The more predictable the routine, the better.
**Grades 3-5 should continue working on Duolingo at least three times per week, for 10 minutes a day. Students– there will be prizes for anyone who has earned more than 10,000 XP when we return back to school!
Advanced students who want a challenge may do any of the “Native Speaker” work below as well. Be sure to add English subtitles on BrainPop and “Pollito Tito” (CC/closed captioning in bottom right hand corner).